COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Pinellas County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Sign up to Get Tested or Vaccinated for COVID-19 at PatientPortalFL
Curbside Pick-up Available
We realize patrons may not be comfortable visiting the Library so we are offering curbside pick-up service during open hours. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before closing time (5:45PM on Mondays-Fridays and 4:45PM Saturdays).
How do I request items?
- Visit the library catalog to find items you want and place holds. Make sure the pickup library is set to Safety Harbor.
- You can also call or email us to place hold requests if you are unable to use the online catalog.
- When your items are available, you will be notified with an automated phone call or email message.
- Come to the library and park near the front entrance, then call us at 727-724-1525 x4118 or x4112 to let us know you're here for curbside pickup.
- Have your photo ID ready and we will bring the already checked out items to your car.
COVID-19 related changes at the library:
- Our open hours are Monday-Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, Saturday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Social distancing required with six feet of separation between all patrons and staff
- Seating has been arranged to accommodate social distancing
- Public use computers are limited due to social distancing
- Public computer session time is limited to one hour
- Safety shields have been installed at all service desks
- Patrons are encouraged to use self-check-out stations
- Meeting rooms are closed for community meetings and rentals. Study rooms are open.
- Teen room is limited to two teens at a time for computer use only.
- The Art Nook and Imaginative Play areas are closed
- Patrons are provided wipes to clean keyboards prior to using public computers.
- No volunteers until further notice
- Donations in good condition accepted
Home Delivery Expanded to All over Age 65
The Library offers home delivery for Safety Harbor residents of all ages unable to physically visit the library due to illness, disability, or injury. This service is free, available on a long-term or temporary basis.
The Library has expanded this delivery service to any residents aged 65 and older who are not comfortable visiting the Library. Items are left in bags at your front door for return and pick up. Home delivery patrons can call for advice on what to read or request specific materials. Items are checked out your library card, delivered to your door, and picked-up for return by a library ambassador on a bi-monthly basis. If you need a library card, we can assist.
For more information or to register for home delivery service, visit the Outreach page for an application, email email@example.com, or call 727-724-1525 x 4107.
For information on COVID-19 prevention, preparation, symptoms, and more, check the following resources: